Thursday, October 3, 2013

10/4/13- Supplication

ACTS- Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication

S is for Supplication.

These are the prayers we pray for ourselves.
Usually we find this easiest to do in times of great hardship, stress, illness, or other crisis.

But we have needs each day we can bring before the Lord... To grow closer to Him To have help cultivating spiritual disciples For patience, generosity, loving-kindness and the other gifts of the Spirit For peace, hope, mercy, compassion, faith, joy, etc. To discern our spiritual gifts and learn how to use them. For God to use our lives for his glory.

Click here for a video prayer request from our missionaries to our partner church in Peru Mark and Jesse Bodman
****************************
MORNING PRAYER

Father, Encourage me as I am united with Christ Jesus. Comfort me with His love, May I share in the Spirit, Fill me with tenderness and compassion. Make my joy complete by molding me in the image of Jesus. Give me His same love. Help me to do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit.  Rather, in humility help me value others above myself.
 May I have
the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in His very nature God,     did not consider equality with God as something to be used to his own advantage.  Rather, Jesus made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man He humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death
 even death on a cross!
 Therefore God exalted Him
to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above every name,  that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord  to the glory of God the Father. Therefore, Lord, help me to obey and glorify you as I continue to work out salvation with fear and trembling,  Remind me that You are working in me to fulfill your good purposes. May I do Everything without grumbling or arguing, so that I may become blameless and pure. May I shine like stars in the sky  as I hold firmly to the word of life.  And may I be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain
and be glad and rejoice in you.
  Based on Philippians 2:1-16


Based on Philippians 2:1-16 This passage is taken from a letter of Paul to the church at Philippi. It is believed that Paul wrote this letter while he was imprisoned in Rome and facing possible execution for his faith.  The church at Philippi was very dear to Paul and you can read about its founding and first convert, Lydia, in Acts 16:11-15.  In this Scripture passage Paul writes to encourage this church and includes an earlier hymn known as the “Christ hymn” in verses 6-11.
**************************
AFTERNOON PRAYER
Lord Jesus,  Let me not worry about the food and drink  I need to stay alive for my body. Help me to see that life is worth far more than food  and the body more than clothes. Remind me of your care for the birds of the air and the flowers of the field and how you provide all that they need. Increase my faith in my Father in heaven who knows that I need these things.  Teach me to seek first the kingdom of God and Your righteousness
 
trusting that all I need will be provided by you. And remind me not to worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. For each day has enough trouble of its own. Therefore, I will trust my life and all that I have to You.  
  Based on Matthew 6




Based on Matthew 6 This Scripture is part of Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount recorded in Matthew 5-7. It is the section urging us not to worry but instead to turn our troubles over to the Lord and trust in His good care for us.
*************************


Lord, help us to love one another, for love comes from you. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.  Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.  We are grateful, dear God, that you have shown your love among us. We praise you, Father, for sending your one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. In this is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.  Father, since you loved us so much, we also ought to love one another.  No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, You will live in us and Your love will be made complete in us. Thank you for your Spirit which you gave to  us so that we may see and testify that the Father has sent His Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. And so we gratefully know and rely on the love God has for us.Confess that God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. Make your love complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment. Cast away our fears for there is no fear in love. May we always love because You Father have  first loved us.  Help us to fulfill your Son’s command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and
sister.  
Based on I John 4

Based on I John 4 This Scripture instructs us on love.  It reminds us that God is love. All love is from Him and we are to love each other.  This is not a text on feelings, but on action. Christian love is not about emotions as much as it is about agape love, a servant love that puts other’s first. This love is best seen by Christ dying on the cross for our sins.




















*************************


**************************






 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment